miércoles, febrero 21, 2007

refresh

at just before five, just before leaving work for the night, i received an answer to my endless refreshing of my inbox...

an email, to me from the man

i do not know what to make of it.

the problem, i have now realised, is that while i was foolishly expecting a swift yes please or no thanks ... i neglected to remember that i hadn't actually asked a question..

so its not what you would call straight forward now, and in my relative inexperience of these matters, i had hoped for it to be otherwise.

explanations of my own identity and of how i came to meet him and who i am, now have to be offered....all the while hoping to avoid the fact that most people who meet someone for five minutes and then eight months later get round to contacting them again, would be considered quite, quite mad.

but, i do have a very nice book review on my hands. he enjoyed it, it seems, which is good, because on my current reading of it, am seeing that it is quite an odd book (see the mostly reading section..) that requires quite a bit of committment.

also, i should note that his command of the english language throughout the email was pleasing. very nice punctuation.

so there you are my loves, in sally's words " you thought you were leaving the ball in his court, but now its like, oh wait, there is no ball..!"

feel like a nervous wreck, but i do know that all the blogging in the world can't help me now, emails are the way forward, hopefully via the exact right words...(i have been firmly instructed by my advisors that i'm not allowed to email earlier than monday...apparently that's how it works....)

the end x

2 comentarios:

The Hughesz dijo...

MONDAY??! Nah... email him now! I can't wait that long to hear what happens next!!

Anónimo dijo...

i'm with jon on that - sack your advisors (i know many of you must be thinking, what do i know?!) but seeing as explanation is needed as to who you are then the sooner you get on with it the better. why sweat it out until monday? it's not like you started out by playing cool, so don't change your tact now. playing cool is for 17 year olds!

i'm still at work - this is certainly not cool!

x