viernes, diciembre 12, 2008

first aid..

so here it is...
the following is my smash hits poll winers of 2008, as ever a good three or four weeks before the end of the year, as per the -smash hits- regime...

the things i could not have survived this year without:

my brother, nicholas
my sister, fiona
sally
catelin
my phone
subway..chicken..hearty italian bread..foot-long with all the salad and sweet onion sauce..
-how to save a life-, the album, by the fray
gavin and stacey
the book of psalms
the 08:42 from the glos to the briz, everyday, sharp, monday to friday...
emily, who has been so faithful and phoned me every single week.....
the thought of that nose...
cigarettes
my mother and my father
my blog: the musings, the sheer volume of space, the comments and fans....
the knowing that i made him happier than he had ever been
the west wing, seasons 1 - 7 (twice..)
percol de guatemela..and the trusty travel mug for the train ride to work..
the daily emails from the forest crowd at work...
dara o'briain
facebook
No 7
my duvet
the peace that came from writing the eulogy..
the produce of the following musical artists:
dispatch
royksopp
scott matthews
arcade fire
stoney
elbow
john mayer
sigur ros

in addition, the knowing that if someone fell in love with me once, it might well happen again...
also, lavendar oil and tedious bill bryson books for the getting-to-sleep
also the australians, faithfully awake in the wee small hours!
dry dry dry white wine
the hope of moving back to the briz with one of my oldest and dearest in the new year...
stowfords
trof original everytime i have been in maanchester
the cheeky on-the-hop random googlemail/facebook chats that give a small lift, a word of love, a thought for the day or a genuinely-posed question as to my current state of well-being..
radio four

anyway, the end...

these are the things i cannot do without, and for your part in them i am most very glad..x

No hay comentarios: