viernes, febrero 03, 2006

if only there was a keyboard key with a small heart on it

see...i love simon amstell
he is my favourite tv presenter
and in this wonderful article about the sad, sad death of smash hits! magazine, finally, someone else makes the link between the humour found during the late 80's and early 90's in that wonderful publication, and this man who succeeds in making (what should be) one of the worst programmes on television, absolutely hilarious
read this article and then tell me popworld isn't the television equivalent of the rag of all our youths....
if it wasn't the rag of your youth.....ask yourself why...

1 comentario:

Lizzie dijo...

I love him too - great article. Just the right amount of irreverence and utter cheek for me thank you very much!

The best bits of the Smash hits era (for me at least)was the badges (oooh, should I have the Kylie one or the Michael Jackson one??), the lyrics printed inside ('I've got to be, gotta be certain...I've got to be, so sure...etc') and the STICKERS! May you rest in peace Smash Hits!